- Foster a better safety culture across the organization: To elaborate further on how EHS mobile tech helps create a robust safety culture in oil and gas companies — as everyone knows, that this is a group effort. And, even the workers need to be able to participate in this endeavor. To that end, such solutions help companies make sure that they can immediately report any relevant observations to their managers and superiors even when they are still in the field. Such abilities play a crucial role in helping companies discover any potential risks and hazards and quickly work to prevent any injuries.
- Integrate remedial measures: One of the features EHS mobile apps offer is mobile assessment findings. What that means is that instead of merely assessing risks, one can arrive at conclusive results and then use that information to address the issue immediately. And in case that is not possible, such tools help ensure that the duty for remedial action is assigned to the proper personnel.
- Improved decision-making process: These tools also ensure that the right people have the correct information at the right time, thus enhancing their ability to make smarter, data-driven decisions.
Posted on April 3rd, 2020
1. Increased use of artificial intelligence: Artificial intelligence and machine learning continue to be fundamental to all technology-related endeavors, and from the looks of it, it will stay that way for the foreseeable future. Of course, developers have found a way to use it in hybrid app development as well — AI and ML have helped them take the process to an entirely new level.
2. Mixed reality-based health care apps: As technology continues to push the envelope, programmers are now quick to leverage innovation for the best possible results. Case in point: Use of Augmented- and Virtual-reality in health care. Among other things, AR and VR have facilitated virtual visits, enhanced diagnoses, the better quality of care, and more in this industry.
3. Chatbot integration: It is not news that chatbots have come to play a vital role in organizations of all kinds. However, so far, they have primarily been spotted on big websites; well, that will change now as more and more companies integrate chatbots in their apps as well. What role will they play? Based on what we have observed of the market so far, we believe they will stick to being virtual assistants before they graduate to serving other roles via the apps.
There are plenty of hybrid mobile app benefits. However, to make use of those benefits, one must not only be acquainted with the latest developments in the industry but also understand it. That, in turn, will help you see precisely how such trends can be utilized for the benefit of your business.
Posted on April 1st, 2020
Artificial intelligence, as well as its subset machine learning, aren’t accurately brand new concepts — they have been around longer than one would imagine. Nonetheless, the fact remains that their emergence on the scene is relatively recent. And yet, more and more companies are already using both of these highly advanced technologies for their benefit in myriad ways. Take the retail industry for example; thanks to their innate proficiency with data analysis, artificial intelligence, and machine learning have become virtually indispensable for businesses operating in this space, especially SMBs.
1. A better understanding of customers: Nothing helps a company improve sales and grow its business quite like an in-depth understanding of the customers it serves. While that may have been hard to do in the past, AI and ML have made it a cakewalk. Among other things, these technologies can make use of all the retailers’ data, including that related to customers’ location, spending behavior as well as the business’ inventory, to serve their customers better via things like developing tailored offers, creating novel experiences, and pace optimization.
2. Enhanced efficiency: For a business to run smoothly and at optimal productivity, it is vital to master backend operations. So, here, AI and ML help by allowing retailers to factor in popular products, demand, inventory, and more to ensure they can maintain just the ideal list that will enable them to serve not only their in-store customers but also the ones they serve via online stores, if at all.
3. Personalized customer experiences: If there’s one thing retailers know about customers today, it’s that they have a dominant preference for customized experiences. Research has shown that 80 percent concede that a personalized experience is something that would make them come back to an establishment. And with all the insight, AI and ML can glean from the retailer’s data, delivering experiences tailored to the customer’s tastes and preferences is quite simple.
The retail industry is evolving at a dizzying pace and will continue to do so — at least for the foreseeable future. While that is a challenging thing, one can’t ignore the abundance of opportunities such change is bound to bring with it. And if retailers, SMBs in particular, wish to keep pace with their large scale contemporaries in the market, the use of modern technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning is an absolute must.
Posted on February 18th, 2020
Now, all that is great and the benefits are many, but before you decide or start working on making a similar decision, you should know that switching from Magento 1 to Magento 2 is not a simple endeavor. While the complexities of the process are admittedly not many, many companies seem to struggle with it. Why? Because of mistakes, some are human errors, while others are errors of ignorance. Nonetheless, the fact remains that they take a toll on the project, process, and, eventually, the outcome. To help make sure that your transition is successful, we have listed some of the most common mistakes folks tend to make with this transition, so you can be wise and ensure that you don’t repeat them.
1. Lack of strategy: Planning is the key to ensuring success in every endeavor in life. And given that switching to Magento 2 from Magento 1 is a slightly complicated effort, it only makes sense that one carefully strategizes the process. Jumping into the transition process without planning the migration, including the design and website data, as well as looking for extensions that would be compatible with your set up, migrating your store’s custom code, is a recipe for disaster.
2. Ignoring changes to the internal workflow: You’d be surprised to learn just how many people forget to factor in the impact of the transition on the business’ workflow. Seriously. So, make sure that you account for the changes required to the workflow, the effect on employees, and more. It will allow every department to be sufficiently prepared to embrace the change without taking a toll on the operations.
3. Overlook impact on SEO rankings: When one migrates from Magento 1 to Magento 2, there are bound to be snags, like duplication of content, changed URLs, broken links, and more. And we don’t have to tell you just how quickly this can take a toll on the store’s SEO rankings and SERP performance. Thankfully, you can deal with it by using a webmaster tool to identify all the Error 404 pages. There are multiple other workarounds to such challenges, so rest assured.
Magento coders who hold ample experience with the platform would rightly tell you just how beneficial making the switch to Magento 2 is. Sure, there are some challenges to be dealt with on the way, but with their expertise and careful planning, the transition can be wrapped up sooner than you’d imagine.
Posted on January 2nd, 2020
The search for an ace solution in this regard often leads people to a choice between Magento Commerce and Salesforce Commerce Cloud. Why? Simply because these two are the absolute champions in the e-commerce platform market, helping companies to set up robust offerings and also ensure their growth. However, choosing between the two can be quite a challenge since both of them are highly accomplished names that come equipped with largely very distinct features and functionalities. So, we put together a quick comparison between Magento and Salesforce’s offerings to help make a choice slightly accessible for you.
1. Magento Commerce
It delivers in-built capabilities and that too, without any extra costs or investment. These abilities are highly relevant for commercial and B2B setups. It comes in equally handy when a multi-brand or international company is involved.
Magento makes it unbelievably easy to manage product catalogs as well as data, thanks to a plethora of features and functionalities in this regard as well.
It is a complicated system that necessitates the assistance and guidance of professionals with ample experience with web servers and databases.
Magento’s celebrated agility also translates into prolonged configuration and set up durations and also takes far too long to import data.
1. Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Since it is a SaaS-based, fully managed platform, things like maintenance of platform as well as that of servers and other infrastructure and upgrades are Salesforce’s responsibility.
It comes with an extendable page designer feature that empowers merchants with significantly better control over both templates as well as the content.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a costly offering, typically aimed at big corporates. So, it is not the ideal fit for small and medium scale businesses.
The license fee for this service involves paying Salesforce a percentage of the business’ online sales. The typically ranges anywhere from 0.75 to 1.25 percent.
While this Magento vs. Salesforce guide aims to help you be sure which one of the two is better suited for your business, one must not forget that the final call is highly subjective. So, no matter if you choose to hire a Magento eCommerce solution provider company or one for Salesforce, make sure that you carefully consider each option’s pros and cons in the context of your business’ requirements before making the decision.
Posted on December 13th, 2019
It holds for all industries! And, therefore it is why no matter where you turn, you will find a company that is already making use of business intelligence to drive unprecedented levels of growth. Hence, it isn’t surprising to see that BI has managed to rouse the banking and finance industry’s interest as well. And as competition continues to intensify by the minute, it is imperative for companies operating in this sector to make use of the latest tools to ensure that they can remain ahead of the curve. Hence, this industry's intrigue for BI. Now, let’s take a look at some of the most compelling ways in which this nifty technology can help this sector.
- Better products and services: One of the most significant advantages of business intelligence is that it allows companies to keep an eye on every revenue stream individually to help identify their best-performing products and services. Additionally, companies are also able to analyze data to understand their customers’ requirements and preferences, which can be used to improve the business’ offerings further.
- Cut down risks: A very compelling benefit of BI in banking and finance is that it can be used to reduce the risks substantially. It involves simplifying the actionable data. It enables companies to identify fraud and monitor customer behavior as well as track employee behavior to ensure compliance with all the requisite laws and regulations. What BI also does here provides data about other tangential aspects of the industry, such as the market’s economic situation, analysis of credit portfolios, and more.
- Enhance operations: How a company operates internally also has a bearing on the business’ success. And to this end, BI helps companies to carefully examine their processes, employee performance, and resource allocation, among several other things. To be precise, BI provides the required data that allows organizations to understand where and how to optimize the efficiency of operations, deliver better customer experiences, cut down costs, and more.
Posted on November 11th, 2019
A point of sale system, or only POS system, comes bearing immense potential to transform retail business virtually; starting from detailed receipts and significantly expanded list of advanced payment options to inventory and employee management, there’s just no limit to how these systems can help a retail business. So you see, POS systems are so much more than mere cash registers and if you are still not convinced, here are some advantages that further make a case for using a POS system in your retail business.
1. Improved efficiency: A POS system in a retail set up allows the business to, among other things, substantially improve productivity. How? It is quite simple, really; with such a system, employees have just the right tools that serve to support them while they execute their duties. It, in turn, means operations run much more smoothly, if not entirely seamless. Also, you know what that translates into? Better customer satisfaction rates.
2. Better inventory management: As mentioned above, POS technology isn’t just a fancy cash register. They come loaded with unusual inventory management abilities, allowing businesses to keep an eye on the quantity of every product in the store. Companies can also set up a retail matrix as well as reorder triggers to streamline their inventory management processes.
3. Analytics, insights, and reporting: One of any POS tool’s most potent abilities is in the context of analytics and reporting-based capabilities. A robust system will provide the business with real-time data, empower it to track key performance indicators closely, and other insights to help executives decide if the company needs to adapt to factors like market, consumer demand, and more to achieve better profits and retain a competitive edge over rivals.
4. Efficient management of employees: POS systems save you from the chore of manually scheduling shifts as well as implementing them. In addition to that, they also allow you to track employee productivity.
POS systems are genuinely versatile — helping retail businesses to attain significantly better productivity, enhance the efficiency of operations, reduce costs, and improve the bottom line. However, the system you choose for your business must not be taken lightly and should factor in every last detail. So if you find yourself looking for assistance to implement a Magento point of sale system or that of any other provider, you can always turn to a trusted service provider to help you out with that.
Posted on September 3rd, 2019
Among other things, cloud mobile apps have enhanced the security of data involved in the process and also made it easier to access this data. Suffice it to say that the cloud technology in the context of mobile apps and their development has transformed the entire process. And not only that radically cloud computing has also revolutionized how companies do business and go about their general operations. For those who are still not convinced, here are some more reasons why you need to use cloud mobile apps for your business.
1. Low cost: Anyone who is even vaguely familiar with the world of app development and its basic concepts, would know that native mobile app development isn’t exactly the most affordable option in the market. Plus, if you want to target both iOS and Android, you will be required to build two apps. There’s no such issue with cloud mobile apps, i.e. once the app is created, it works on both of them wholly. What makes things even better is that the development cost of cloud-based mobile apps is significantly lower.
So, be it custom applications for iPhone or one for an Android device, the future is on the cloud. Their inherent benefits apart, the need and demand for cloud mobile apps are being further fortified with the advent of IoT.
Posted on August 30th, 2019
Importance of Blockchain
Blockchain is a crucial technological advancement that connects multiple units of information in one chain. It gained its popularity a decade ago when it was created to support the cryptocurrency bitcoin. Blockchain technology is influencing almost every industry by transforming it through various ways, and the real estate industry is one of them. Real estate is one of the paper-record based industry which includes record storage documentation for contracts, leases, maintenance, compliances, and many more. It involves the exchange of various documents and lacks attributes such as synchronization, security, integrity, and more.
What if a technological masterpiece could address all such challenges and makes the real estate industry much more convenient and accessible? Let’s discuss how the utilization of blockchain technology in the real estate sector could help increase transparency and efficiency.
Multiple Listing Service
The primary issue for real estate brokers and agents is the convenience to access data and to have a transparent ledger system where one could see the entire transaction history of the property. The up-gradation of the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) database to a blockchain-enabled data indexes every available property in the city. It allows data to appear in real-time in a simple and easy-to-use format.
Automated and Secure Smart Contracts
It is of no wonder that real estate transactions can take months and years to get accomplished. Sales using smart contract will cut-off all the middlemen. Just imagine how much money and time can be saved by eliminating all the middlemen - banks, brokers, attorneys, and more. Smart Contracts transaction is completed entirely between the seller and the buyer and involves no human interaction.
Tokenization in Real Estate
Previously, owning the remunerative assets required the investment from wealthy investors, and gradually, buyers wait for years till the property get liquidate. It changes with tokenization as it will not only increase the liquidity of traditionally illiquid assets but will also make trading possible without third-party intervention. Tokenization is a term used for the digital representation of a real estate. That means it makes it easy to purchase property with digital currency investments. Also, having tokenizing platforms for real estate could amalgamate all the processes and transactions. Therefore, it saves broker fees and closing costs and completes the entire purchase in a day rather than waiting over several days or weeks.
Blockchain is a decentralized technology that enhances trust and security. The information stored inside a blockchain is accessible to all the peers on the network. So, the data becomes transparent for everyone who is the part of the web, and no one can tamper it because of its cryptographic hash function usage. It builds a more confident system as all the information can be verified by peers, sellers, and buyers from anywhere in the world. Hence, such technological advancement would also decrease fraud attempts making the transactions more robust.
The future of blockchain is beyond imagination as it is changing the approach of the real estate industry. With the increasing awareness of blockchain technology amongst real estate professionals, one can witness the potential growth of blockchain technology. Hence, the above benefits must be considered while choosing a company for property website development.
Posted on August 29th, 2019
Have you ever wondered about what makes the websites of enterprise so prominent? The success of any enterprise website lies in the selection of right Content Management Systems (CMS). Now, the question arises, What CMS would be the best choice for your enterprise’s website? Drupal is known to be an ideal CMS for a large number of renowned global companies worldwide. It is a web content management software, especially for custom application development.
According to the recent report, the number of active enterprise websites tracked on Drupal is 614,752. With the ever-changing digital landscape, consumers are demanding more powerful web experiences. Drupal can build a tremendous personalized website that’s optimized for different devices and integrates with all your marketing tools. Some of the famous sites, namely, NASA, eBay, Twitter, Pinterest, Australian Government, Taboola, NCAA, Tesla, and many more have been built using Drupal.
In this article, we will discuss conventional as well as unconventional reasons, which make Drupal an excellent CMS for you:
What are the Unconventional Reasons to Opt for Drupal?
Better Presentation with Headless Drupal
With the rising popularity of decoupled (headless) architecture, Drupal offers cutting-edge user experience. It provides greater flexibility to the developers to innovate and integrate it with other technologies.
More Personalization with Predictive UX
It is a known fact that 65% of consumers are more likely to purchase at an online or offline store if they receive personalized and relevant promotions. Predictive UX extracts the potential of machine learning to anticipate the user’s need, which delivers them explicit and exclusive personalized content when in need.
Chatbots Drive Business Value
Chatbots are transforming CMS to next-generation digital experience and user engagement. It provides conversational UI that communicates with the user. Drupal helps Chabot API to integrate with your website seamlessly.
Increasing usage of mobility devices opens a door for new marketing platforms for enterprises. Drupal presents the content in the desired format for different mobile devices.
What are the Conventional Reasons to Choose Drupal?
Easy to Build
It is of no wonder that too much complexity in web development may prove to be time-consuming. When using Drupal, it becomes easy to create and customize (if required). Choosing the layout, themes, and more are just a click away for your Drupal websites.
Security is one of the critical needs of every business. More and more malware attacks are overwhelming every year. However, Drupal websites have proven records of being the most secure CMS. It safeguards you from online hacking attacks.
The major strength of this platform is its exceptional scalability. You can add as many pages new pages to your website without changing anything. As various communities of people use Drupal, it has a variety of different modules that helps you add specific features or functionality with similar capabilities which are free to download. Moreover, it is license-free and involves no maintenance costs.
SEO plays a vital role in achieving the goal of an organization. Drupal helps companies to create SEO friendly websites. Active Modules and clean code make it an exceptional SEO friendly CMS.
Drupal has a massive community of theme designers that focuses on creating feature-rich templates. The list of options provides you to select models that align with your website vision. It includes fonts, aesthetics, layouts, graphics, flexible color schemes, and more.
Drupal offers the scope to build scalable solutions, ranging from a personal blog to corporate website and e-commerce platforms as per your need. Hence,
web application development using Drupal gives your enterprise the features and flexibility to innovate as per your user (visitor) preferences and behavior.
Posted on July 29th, 2019