Considering the many advantages, many have taken it a notch up and added big data to the mix. This combination further enables the delivery of enhanced customer satisfaction through more targeted marketing and personalized customer experiences. Moreover, that's not all -- the combination of geolocation and big data allows companies to acquire a better understanding of their business along with their stand in the market.
To further examine the benefits of big data-driven geolocation apps and how they get used for delivering enhanced customer experience and also achieve better business results, let's discuss some of the use cases.
1. Geofencing: The most popular use of geolocation is in the context of marketing, wherein the company's initiatives target customers who foray into a specific area or location. It is most common among shops' apps, which, upon recognizing that a customer is in the vicinity of one of their stores, sends them discount coupons and special offers among a variety of other promotional material.
2. Better understand the customer: The data collected using geolocation, as well as data based on other factors such as browsing history and purchases, can be used for big data analysis to glean actionable insight. It, in turn, can be used to either improve or overhaul offers to better meet customers' demands and needs.
3. Transportation: Geolocation is of great consequence in the transportation and logistics industry since it allows businesses to make use of the data produced and gathered. Geolocation apps can help companies in this domain accumulate information about the fastest routes, roadworks, and traffic jams as well as calculate the delivery time. Furthermore, they also enable the development of more pragmatic schedules and production timelines. Moreover, that's not all; such apps can also keep customers engaged by allowing them to monitor how their order is progressing across the chain and by when the product will arrive at their doorstep.
4. Social media: Seeing as to how social media is all the rage right now, it isn't surprising to see that geolocation has made its presence felt in this domain too. Geolocation based apps enable companies to enhance engagement levels significantly. Case in point, Pokémon Go. Another use of geolocation and social media is to allow users to form a trail of digital markers as they visit different establishments and also rate their experiences, which can enable other customers to make more informed decisions.
While this discussion serves to provide a quick overview of the benefits offered by location-based app development, businesses must also account for other related factors, such as security and compliance. Companies must ensure that their process of collection and use of such data is safe and even by any applicable regulations. Eventually helping users feel assured about the safety of using their offerings and make better decisions.
Posted on January 17th, 2019
- favorite sports in your region or country
- favorite sports apps available in the app stores
- identifying specific end-user requirements
- types of sports-based applications (dedicated or aggregator)
- critical features of your app
- choice of language
- real-time score and news updates
- glitch-free app access, quick swiping, and more.
Posted on October 30th, 2017
Clean Aesthetics: This might sound pretty obvious but it is essential to have clean aesthetics for your online store. A web design is more about visual presentation than the information conveyed through it. You may be offering the best product possible in your niche, but if your home/landing page is cluttered or confusing, your online presence will eventually go down the drain. For creating a successful eStore, you must ensure an attractive user interface with a user experience as interactive and as simple as possible. Magento provides thousands of ready-to-use business-specific templates that have clean designs, intuitive layouts and complies with the latest web design trends. The templates are customizable to suit your business needs. Your store design should look fresh and compelling for a new user.
High-Quality Images: A successful eCommerce website is characterized by high-quality, full-width images having minimal text. The images on your website speaks about your website quality and business level. You can consider purchasing stock images or hire a professional photographer to capture high-quality pictures of your inventory. You can make your images configurable by offering zoom and color selection options. This will make your online store inventory easy to navigate resulting into a higher ROI.
Payment & Pricing: An eCommerce store without a payment gateway is just an online catalog. Although PayPal is a universally accepted payment method, integrating multiple payment methods such as debit, credit cards, and eWallets can ensure a reduced rate of cart abandonment. Multiple payment options provide customers the freedom to choose the payment gateway they prefer. Apart from that, pricing is another crucial factor that plays an important role in your online store success. Ensure you display your product prices, taxes, shipping charges and discounts clearly so that your customers know the final amount on the checkout page. Hidden costs on the checkout page often result in canceled transactions.
There are a couple of other things you need to take care of: an easy navigation, online customer support, security of your customer information, social media integration, responsiveness of your website, SEO, and reviews and ratings. Proper implementation of these things will not only make your web store move impressive but also help you stay on top of your competition. What are the other things an online entrepreneur should consider when building a successful online store? Share your ideas and thoughts with us in the comments below.
Posted on February 27th, 2017
Appropriate being the operative word here. Because a quick search will reveal that there are several tools that make the top 10 list for Java development. But these are popular choices and not necessarily the ones that are right for you. So how do you decide? One way of deciding this is to identify your concerns for every phase of the development cycle and narrow down on the tools that make your life easier. These tools can certainly help in writing richer, error-free code, providing the much-needed support for coding and development.
To begin with, you will need a Java Development Kit (JDK) supported by the following:
Posted on February 23rd, 2017
5 Logistics & Supply Chain Management Mobile Applications:
1. Logistics – A free Android mobile app designed to track vehicles, drivers, shipments, and clients. It is one of the best all-in-one mobile applications in the logistics and SCM space. If you are juggling with the logistics and warehousing operations, then Logistics app is the right solution to consider. It provides some serious operational capabilities that can help you extend visibility into your entire supply chain right from your mobile phone.
2. TomTom WEBFLEET – In the absence of your workforce, it is difficult to gain control over day-to-day operations. For this reason, TomTom created an application called WEBFLEET that tracks daily operations for your logistics business. It is an online mobile app that allows you to manage your fleets 24 hours a day. It is accessible via a web browser where managers can manage the entire field operations in real-time on their laptops or smartphones.
4. EazyStock – A cloud-based inventory optimization software for simplifying forecasting and inventory planning. EazyStock helps to reduce the excess and obsolete stock levels (i.e. bad inventory) from your warehouses to lower down costs while extending the availability of your profitable products. It offers easy API integration with any ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system. This helps inventory managers to automate the procurement and replenishment processes which historically were a guesswork resulting in reduced profit margins. EazyStock also includes attractive KPI dashboards that display how you stack up every month and call out areas where the costs can be reduced.
5. CoPilot Truck – This map and direction routing tool can be a game-changer for any professional truck driving business. It is an easy to use mobile app, providing essential turn-by-turn navigation. But it’s not your average Google Maps app. CoPilot Truck offers some extra algorithms to help truck drivers follow more efficient routes based on dynamic information such as routing parameters, truck height, weight recommendations, and load type for transporting hazardous material.
Posted on February 16th, 2017
Posted on February 16th, 2017
- Add-Migration "Age"
to create an upgrade script for our modification.
to run a database schema update.
Posted on February 9th, 2017
The Dagger library comprises all the essential logic and some annotations. It even uses the standard javax.inject annotations, which makes your code portable between various different injection frameworks like Spring or Guice. As Dagger is the simplest and most lightweight DI frameworks, it does not include all the fancy features offered by other larger frameworks. But it is relatively faster and does its job. It is worth using when you only want to use a plan dependency injection for your project.
Google and Square lead the development of Dagger and it is licensed under Apache License 2.0. You can access Dagger here.
2. LeakCanary: LeakCanary is an open-source memory leak detection library for both Android and Java development. It enables you to easily detect leaking objects by simply adding a couple of lines of Java code to your existing source code. LeakCanary is free and easy to use. Like Dagger, LeakCanary's development is led by Square. Also, it is licensed under Apache License 2.0. You can look for LeakCanary here.
3. ZXing: In the world of machine-readable data, use of Barcodes and QR codes has already become a standard. ZXing has been around for quite some time and was originally written in Java. ZXing can read and create barcodes on several platforms. It has also been ported to various different languages. Since this library has been around for a while, it already has a large user base. For instance, the QR code app you're using in your smartphone is probably using the ZXing library. It works well and performs as expected.
ZXing's development is led by Sean Oven, Daniel Switkin, and the ZXing team. Alike Dagger and LeakCanary, ZXing is also licensed under Apache License 2.0. You can find ZXing here.
4. Retrofit: Retrofit is another Android library developed by Square. It seems Square is pretty good with writing Android libraries. Retrofit is a library that can transform your REST API into Java interface. It is popular and a type-safe REST client for Android as well as Java development. It enables you to write clean code by leveraging Java for communication with almost any RESTful API.
Again, Retrofit is a lightweight Android library and relatively easier to use. It is licensed under Apache License 2.0 and can be accessed from here.
5. Libphonenumber: Android developers have limited options when it comes to formatting and parsing phone numbers. But thanks to the team at Google they have come out with a library called Libphonenumber. It is the best and most extensive library for parsing, validating, and formatting contact numbers. Libphonenumber consists of a simple and easy to use API. It has been ported to many different languages off the JVM such as PHP and C#. Even Libphonenumber is licensed under Apache License 2.0. You can download the library here.
6. Jitpack.io: Jitpack.io is a library created by the team at Streametry Ltd. It can be used for building any Github project and publishing it to public Maven repo. Using this library you can save a lot of your time and hassle while building dependencies. Jitpack.io is one the easiest methods to publish any Github project as a Maven dependency. It uses customized terms of usage license. To get more information on Jitpack.io, navigate here.
7. Tape: One more library developed by Square, Tape is basically a collection of classes that enable queue handling. It is a great library to handle data streams and download data in unstable environments. Instead of manually coding the queue handling task, Tape itself takes care of it. If anything goes wrong, Tape automatically tries to run the command or perform the operation again. It also caches all the intermediate results automatically, which is another great feature in Tape. It has been placed under Apache Licence 2.0. You can find Tape here.
Posted on February 4th, 2017
- Seamlessly capture valuable customer data – Following up on a lead is important, but what if the data you captured is incomplete, incorrect, or unavailable? To avoid collecting such data, implement a CRM for your sales staff that will capture customer information seamlessly through an automated system. This will help you maintain data integrity alongside storing all the information on one system so calls and emails can be made without having to switch to other communication tools and channels. With a CRM system, you can have a comprehensive view of each customer’s information and their interaction with your business.
- Convert qualified leads into sales – Sales teams often waste their time and efforts chasing a lead that doesn’t convert to a sale. That’s where a CRM system allows you to chase qualified leads by providing sales teams instant access to information about potential customers who have shown interest and with whom there’s a chance to convert their interest into sales. A CRM software also allows managers and CEOs to set KPI which the sales teams can track easily and check whether they are meeting their targets just by clicking a button.
- Establish sales workflows – In order to increase sales productivity, it is essential to eliminate manual sales processes and data entry. A CRM can help you establish and automate your sales workflows to boost your productivity and drive quick results. You can nurture the potential of existing customers using the automation features. The automation features can include setting up email campaigns, sending follow-up emails to the customer which will help you quickly shift them through the sales funnel. You can further use reminders, notifications, and third-party integrations to streamline your sales workflows.
- Obtain insights and track trends - A CRM solution such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM provides customizable dashboards that enable you to discover hidden insights in your business data. Microsoft dynamics consulting services or expert can help you customize your dashboard according to your needs including checking the number of sales, tracking the success of marketing campaigns and viewing tactics required for planning additional strategies. You can also track which product is driving more sales, and determine sales trends quickly.
- Rapid sales follow-up – Tracking your customer’s purchase journey precisely is a key to the success of a sale. Using CRM system can help you track your customer’s interaction with your website, mobile app, marketing channels so that you can nurture that lead and close the deal at the right time.
Posted on January 23rd, 2017
- Is your business creating orders based on the information received?
- Are you notifying users about the orders being created?
- Is there a warehouse managing your orders?
- Are you generating documents with transaction data after the orders are executed?
- Are you sharing the order documents to the accounting system?
- Helps in delivering efficient fulfillment process: As all the data is in one place, your fulfillment process will become more efficient with fewer delays. You will start to track better and achieve easy access to your orders and know their statuses.
- Be more organized: You will achieve organized sales orders, making the sales cycle shorter, and minimizing time to process order paperwork. The cloud OMS guarantees fewer errors from manual entry and saves time in sharing order status updates. You also get paid faster with an organized billing data that you can use to quickly make financial decisions.
- Improved tracking: Managing orders in the cloud means you can track orders in real-time, getting updated information and the knowledge of the current state of any of your orders at any time.
Posted on January 16th, 2017