Why? Because that is where the majority of customers are, if not all, of them. The number of smartphone and mobile device users in the world speaks volumes of our usage and reliance on them. So, e-commerce saw the opportunity and took it with both hands. And it has not regretted that switch because just look at the many benefits online retailers have reaped since then. First things first, you instantly gain access to a much bigger group of potential customers, who can then be engaged and wooed with modern solutions such as push notifications, custom deals, and so much more. But if you want to win over customers and continue commanding their loyalty, the first step is to design a captivating mobile app. Here are some tips to help you get that right.
1. Keep the UI simple: App users’ first experience of the brand’s mobile app is critical because it helps decide if they will continue using it or abandon it. Hence, it is imperative to ensure that their first impression is not marred by a cluttered, difficult to use user interface. Be sure to adapt the UI design in a manner that helps users feel welcomed and also encourages them to continue engaging and using the app. And don’t forget to account for the screen size that varies from device to device.
2. Fuss-free login and logout: The next step is getting the users to sign in or log in. Now, if you bungle it up, suffice it to say that you will have a hard time getting customers to keep using the app. So, pay close attention to this bit, especially the first few steps of the process. In addition to that, make sure that the entire process does not take too long; so, instead of asking users for ALL of their information, enable sign up or log in via social media to help them save time.
3. Payment support: Any e-commerce business worth its sale MUST necessarily support not one or two, but multiple modern modes of payments. That is just the only way to survive in a market where customers expect ease and simplicity from every business they engage with.
Mobile app development for e-commerce may seem like a complicated endeavor, but it is not. Just follow some best practices, such as the ones listed above, and you will do just fine.
Posted on May 4th, 2020
The tag enables the wireless transfer of data by recording data onto RFID discs, which is then read by an appropriate reading device. Why are they such a hit in the events industry? There are many reasons — first things first, they are small. Then they have minimal hardware requirements to be operational: You just need a tag, which can be integrated into a wearable accessory or a label, reader, and an antenna. And voilà, you are now ready to put RFID to work. Okay, so it is easy to use. What else? Glad you asked. Here are some of the essential benefits enabled by RFID for the events industry, which should then explain why they are so popular in the circuit.
- Accelerate entrance process: One of the worst parts of events is that bit where you have to wait in long lines to just get inside the venue. No one likes that. This problem can be effectively dealt with RFID-enabled badges, wristbands, and more that attendees only have to wave over the sensor. No waiting in line, nothing. Just walk up to the sensor, wave your badge, and you are in. And since this barely takes a few seconds, one can speed up the process of getting the attendees inside seriously.
- Ensure security and safety: In the current environment, the health and well being of attendees form a crucial element of the plan of action for the event. However, with RFID, this concern is dealt with effectively. And, in case of an incident, it becomes easier to track and account for attendees. RFID tags can also include information about dietary requirements, allergies, and more to help make it easier for the organizers to ensure their safety.
- Boost engagement: RFID tags enable the use of tons of means to engage attendees once they are onsite. For example, at photo booths, tapping the label will allow them to email pictures to themselves.
Posted on April 21st, 2020
- Enable people to work together: If this makes you go, "Well, duh!" We understand. But since it is one of the most important benefits, it deserves mention. If you know anything about the legal industry, you know that it necessitates collaboration amongst people from different teams, departments, organizations, and more. Cloud collaboration tools ensure that all groups have access to resources they need to work together seamlessly, no matter where the parties involved may be located at the time.
- Better file storage: So, have you wondered why most corporate behemoths rely on cloud solutions? That is because they offer excellent quality and type of document management, storage, and more capabilities as well. So, in addition to being able to store your files safely, legitimate companies using cloud collaboration tools are also able to track changes to documents, implement access-based security protocols, and more.
- Enhanced efficiency of practice: Studies have shown that a majority of firms in the legal industry expect to embrace newer and better revenue sources besides the traditional billable hours, all thanks to technologies. In this context, cloud tools stand to assist this shift by, you know, enabling digital collaboration. It means the law firms can save time as well as the money they would otherwise spend on traveling. And this, in turn, can be put to good use across the firm, allowing employees to focus on other work that would help them supplement the business’ revenue stream. This change not only helps law firms achieve previously unfathomable levels of efficiency across their practice but also bring in newer business models.
- Improved customer service: Customers, be it in the banking industry or e-commerce, are all the same everywhere, i.e., they want A-grade customer service. The same holds for the legal sector as well, with more and more companies reporting that their clients now expect improved service. How can cloud collaboration tools help with this? They allow clients access to appropriate progress reports about their case and enable them to work together with their lawyers, among other things.
Posted on April 8th, 2020
- Foster a better safety culture across the organization: To elaborate further on how EHS mobile tech helps create a robust safety culture in oil and gas companies — as everyone knows, that this is a group effort. And, even the workers need to be able to participate in this endeavor. To that end, such solutions help companies make sure that they can immediately report any relevant observations to their managers and superiors even when they are still in the field. Such abilities play a crucial role in helping companies discover any potential risks and hazards and quickly work to prevent any injuries.
- Integrate remedial measures: One of the features EHS mobile apps offer is mobile assessment findings. What that means is that instead of merely assessing risks, one can arrive at conclusive results and then use that information to address the issue immediately. And in case that is not possible, such tools help ensure that the duty for remedial action is assigned to the proper personnel.
- Improved decision-making process: These tools also ensure that the right people have the correct information at the right time, thus enhancing their ability to make smarter, data-driven decisions.
Posted on April 3rd, 2020
1. Increased use of artificial intelligence: Artificial intelligence and machine learning continue to be fundamental to all technology-related endeavors, and from the looks of it, it will stay that way for the foreseeable future. Of course, developers have found a way to use it in hybrid app development as well — AI and ML have helped them take the process to an entirely new level.
2. Mixed reality-based health care apps: As technology continues to push the envelope, programmers are now quick to leverage innovation for the best possible results. Case in point: Use of Augmented- and Virtual-reality in health care. Among other things, AR and VR have facilitated virtual visits, enhanced diagnoses, the better quality of care, and more in this industry.
3. Chatbot integration: It is not news that chatbots have come to play a vital role in organizations of all kinds. However, so far, they have primarily been spotted on big websites; well, that will change now as more and more companies integrate chatbots in their apps as well. What role will they play? Based on what we have observed of the market so far, we believe they will stick to being virtual assistants before they graduate to serving other roles via the apps.
There are plenty of hybrid mobile app benefits. However, to make use of those benefits, one must not only be acquainted with the latest developments in the industry but also understand it. That, in turn, will help you see precisely how such trends can be utilized for the benefit of your business.
Posted on April 1st, 2020
Artificial intelligence, as well as its subset machine learning, aren’t accurately brand new concepts — they have been around longer than one would imagine. Nonetheless, the fact remains that their emergence on the scene is relatively recent. And yet, more and more companies are already using both of these highly advanced technologies for their benefit in myriad ways. Take the retail industry for example; thanks to their innate proficiency with data analysis, artificial intelligence, and machine learning have become virtually indispensable for businesses operating in this space, especially SMBs.
1. A better understanding of customers: Nothing helps a company improve sales and grow its business quite like an in-depth understanding of the customers it serves. While that may have been hard to do in the past, AI and ML have made it a cakewalk. Among other things, these technologies can make use of all the retailers’ data, including that related to customers’ location, spending behavior as well as the business’ inventory, to serve their customers better via things like developing tailored offers, creating novel experiences, and pace optimization.
2. Enhanced efficiency: For a business to run smoothly and at optimal productivity, it is vital to master backend operations. So, here, AI and ML help by allowing retailers to factor in popular products, demand, inventory, and more to ensure they can maintain just the ideal list that will enable them to serve not only their in-store customers but also the ones they serve via online stores, if at all.
3. Personalized customer experiences: If there’s one thing retailers know about customers today, it’s that they have a dominant preference for customized experiences. Research has shown that 80 percent concede that a personalized experience is something that would make them come back to an establishment. And with all the insight, AI and ML can glean from the retailer’s data, delivering experiences tailored to the customer’s tastes and preferences is quite simple.
The retail industry is evolving at a dizzying pace and will continue to do so — at least for the foreseeable future. While that is a challenging thing, one can’t ignore the abundance of opportunities such change is bound to bring with it. And if retailers, SMBs in particular, wish to keep pace with their large scale contemporaries in the market, the use of modern technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning is an absolute must.
Posted on February 18th, 2020
Now, all that is great and the benefits are many, but before you decide or start working on making a similar decision, you should know that switching from Magento 1 to Magento 2 is not a simple endeavor. While the complexities of the process are admittedly not many, many companies seem to struggle with it. Why? Because of mistakes, some are human errors, while others are errors of ignorance. Nonetheless, the fact remains that they take a toll on the project, process, and, eventually, the outcome. To help make sure that your transition is successful, we have listed some of the most common mistakes folks tend to make with this transition, so you can be wise and ensure that you don’t repeat them.
1. Lack of strategy: Planning is the key to ensuring success in every endeavor in life. And given that switching to Magento 2 from Magento 1 is a slightly complicated effort, it only makes sense that one carefully strategizes the process. Jumping into the transition process without planning the migration, including the design and website data, as well as looking for extensions that would be compatible with your set up, migrating your store’s custom code, is a recipe for disaster.
2. Ignoring changes to the internal workflow: You’d be surprised to learn just how many people forget to factor in the impact of the transition on the business’ workflow. Seriously. So, make sure that you account for the changes required to the workflow, the effect on employees, and more. It will allow every department to be sufficiently prepared to embrace the change without taking a toll on the operations.
3. Overlook impact on SEO rankings: When one migrates from Magento 1 to Magento 2, there are bound to be snags, like duplication of content, changed URLs, broken links, and more. And we don’t have to tell you just how quickly this can take a toll on the store’s SEO rankings and SERP performance. Thankfully, you can deal with it by using a webmaster tool to identify all the Error 404 pages. There are multiple other workarounds to such challenges, so rest assured.
Magento coders who hold ample experience with the platform would rightly tell you just how beneficial making the switch to Magento 2 is. Sure, there are some challenges to be dealt with on the way, but with their expertise and careful planning, the transition can be wrapped up sooner than you’d imagine.
Posted on January 2nd, 2020
The search for an ace solution in this regard often leads people to a choice between Magento Commerce and Salesforce Commerce Cloud. Why? Simply because these two are the absolute champions in the e-commerce platform market, helping companies to set up robust offerings and also ensure their growth. However, choosing between the two can be quite a challenge since both of them are highly accomplished names that come equipped with largely very distinct features and functionalities. So, we put together a quick comparison between Magento and Salesforce’s offerings to help make a choice slightly accessible for you.
1. Magento Commerce
It delivers in-built capabilities and that too, without any extra costs or investment. These abilities are highly relevant for commercial and B2B setups. It comes in equally handy when a multi-brand or international company is involved.
Magento makes it unbelievably easy to manage product catalogs as well as data, thanks to a plethora of features and functionalities in this regard as well.
It is a complicated system that necessitates the assistance and guidance of professionals with ample experience with web servers and databases.
Magento’s celebrated agility also translates into prolonged configuration and set up durations and also takes far too long to import data.
1. Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Since it is a SaaS-based, fully managed platform, things like maintenance of platform as well as that of servers and other infrastructure and upgrades are Salesforce’s responsibility.
It comes with an extendable page designer feature that empowers merchants with significantly better control over both templates as well as the content.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a costly offering, typically aimed at big corporates. So, it is not the ideal fit for small and medium scale businesses.
The license fee for this service involves paying Salesforce a percentage of the business’ online sales. The typically ranges anywhere from 0.75 to 1.25 percent.
While this Magento vs. Salesforce guide aims to help you be sure which one of the two is better suited for your business, one must not forget that the final call is highly subjective. So, no matter if you choose to hire a Magento eCommerce solution provider company or one for Salesforce, make sure that you carefully consider each option’s pros and cons in the context of your business’ requirements before making the decision.
Posted on December 13th, 2019
It holds for all industries! And, therefore it is why no matter where you turn, you will find a company that is already making use of business intelligence to drive unprecedented levels of growth. Hence, it isn’t surprising to see that BI has managed to rouse the banking and finance industry’s interest as well. And as competition continues to intensify by the minute, it is imperative for companies operating in this sector to make use of the latest tools to ensure that they can remain ahead of the curve. Hence, this industry's intrigue for BI. Now, let’s take a look at some of the most compelling ways in which this nifty technology can help this sector.
- Better products and services: One of the most significant advantages of business intelligence is that it allows companies to keep an eye on every revenue stream individually to help identify their best-performing products and services. Additionally, companies are also able to analyze data to understand their customers’ requirements and preferences, which can be used to improve the business’ offerings further.
- Cut down risks: A very compelling benefit of BI in banking and finance is that it can be used to reduce the risks substantially. It involves simplifying the actionable data. It enables companies to identify fraud and monitor customer behavior as well as track employee behavior to ensure compliance with all the requisite laws and regulations. What BI also does here provides data about other tangential aspects of the industry, such as the market’s economic situation, analysis of credit portfolios, and more.
- Enhance operations: How a company operates internally also has a bearing on the business’ success. And to this end, BI helps companies to carefully examine their processes, employee performance, and resource allocation, among several other things. To be precise, BI provides the required data that allows organizations to understand where and how to optimize the efficiency of operations, deliver better customer experiences, cut down costs, and more.
Posted on November 11th, 2019
A point of sale system, or only POS system, comes bearing immense potential to transform retail business virtually; starting from detailed receipts and significantly expanded list of advanced payment options to inventory and employee management, there’s just no limit to how these systems can help a retail business. So you see, POS systems are so much more than mere cash registers and if you are still not convinced, here are some advantages that further make a case for using a POS system in your retail business.
1. Improved efficiency: A POS system in a retail set up allows the business to, among other things, substantially improve productivity. How? It is quite simple, really; with such a system, employees have just the right tools that serve to support them while they execute their duties. It, in turn, means operations run much more smoothly, if not entirely seamless. Also, you know what that translates into? Better customer satisfaction rates.
2. Better inventory management: As mentioned above, POS technology isn’t just a fancy cash register. They come loaded with unusual inventory management abilities, allowing businesses to keep an eye on the quantity of every product in the store. Companies can also set up a retail matrix as well as reorder triggers to streamline their inventory management processes.
3. Analytics, insights, and reporting: One of any POS tool’s most potent abilities is in the context of analytics and reporting-based capabilities. A robust system will provide the business with real-time data, empower it to track key performance indicators closely, and other insights to help executives decide if the company needs to adapt to factors like market, consumer demand, and more to achieve better profits and retain a competitive edge over rivals.
4. Efficient management of employees: POS systems save you from the chore of manually scheduling shifts as well as implementing them. In addition to that, they also allow you to track employee productivity.
POS systems are genuinely versatile — helping retail businesses to attain significantly better productivity, enhance the efficiency of operations, reduce costs, and improve the bottom line. However, the system you choose for your business must not be taken lightly and should factor in every last detail. So if you find yourself looking for assistance to implement a Magento point of sale system or that of any other provider, you can always turn to a trusted service provider to help you out with that.
Posted on September 3rd, 2019